Structure 1207, aboveground kiva
About this Structure
In the great tower complex.
12 m east of the great tower bi-wall structure.
Few data on which to base an interpretation of use, other than the kiva architectural style. This style suggests probable ritual use, but does not preclude domestic use. The vertically aligned corners of five stones in the upper lining wall suggest that an opening once existed (but was later blocked) in the east wall of this structure and thus might have been been associated with a structure to the east.
Prior excavation destroyed evidence of abandonment events.
Structure was excavated and backfilled during a Western State College field school excavation in 1931.