Structure 805, masonry surface structure

STRUCTURE DATING

Abandonment
The presence of a burned spot in the structure fill indicates that the room was abandoned before the village, and probably before this complex, was abandoned (the village was abandoned after A.D. 1277).
Construction
Two collapsed roof beams dated to A.D. 842vv and A.D. 979vv. These dates indicate only that construction occurred sometime after A.D. 979; these beams were probably reused and do not accurately reflect the time of construction. Wall abutments indicate that this room postdates the construction of the great kiva, which was probably built in the mid-A.D. 1200s.
Remodeling
None.
Reuse
The presence of a burned spot in the structure fill indicates some use of the room after it was abandoned; this reuse cannot be dated.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating