Structure 305, masonry surface structure

STRUCTURE DATING

Abandonment
A small amount of ashy refuse and the partial remains of a two-to-three-year-old child were found in roof fall, so abandonment of this room appears to have occurred before the village as a whole was abandoned.
Construction
This structure was built after the unexcavated structure adjacent to the north and before Structures 303 and 304 adjacent to the northwest and west, respectively, and Structure 306 adjacent to the east. No tree-ring dates for this structure or any other structure in the excavated portion of this architectural block. However, there is no evidence to suggest that this structure was not built and occupied when the dated portions of the site were occupied, namely, the mid-A.D. 1200s.
Remodeling
A doorway in the east wall (Feature 3) was blocked with masonry some time during the occupation of this structure; there is no way to date this event, either absolutely or relative to the construction of Structure 306.
Reuse
No evidence.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating