Structure 304, masonry surface structure

STRUCTURE DATING

Abandonment
Absence of trash in the fill suggests that this room was abandoned when other rooms in the immediate vicinity were abandoned; however, the lack of evidence of roofing timbers suggests that occupation of the village continued.
Construction
This room was constructed before Structure 303 adjacent to the north, and after Structure 305 adjacent to the east and the unexcavated structure to the northeast. No tree-ring dates for this structure or any other structure in the excavated portion of this architectural block. However, there is no evidence to suggest that this structure was not built and occupied when the dated portions of the site were occupied, namely, the mid-A.D. 1200s.
Remodeling
No evidence.
Reuse
No evidence.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating