Structure 1525, masonry surface structure


The absence of refuse in the fill of Structure 1505 (the room below inferred Structure 1525) leads to the inference that both structures were abandoned at the same time as the rest of this block, which was sometime after A.D. 1270.
No tree-ring dates for this inferred room. There is one date for the room below it (Structure 1505)--A.D. 1146vv. This date is not consistent with the other tree-ring dates for the structures in this block (which, structurally, appear to all have been built around the same time), so this date is inferred to be from a reused beam. The bi-wall room adjacent to the south (Structure 1503) is tree-ring dated to A.D. 1260, and the latest tree-ring date from roof fall in the bi-wall rooms in this block is A.D. 1260r. So, inferred Structure 1525 (if it existed) and the room below it (Structure 1505) were probably built sometime around these dates.
No evidence of remodeling.
No evidence of reuse.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating