Structure 1513, masonry surface structure


A small amount of secondary refuse on the floor suggests that this room might have been abandoned before the architectural block was abandoned. The block was abandoned sometime after A.D. 1270.
Two tree-ring dates for this structure--A.D. 949vv and 1248vv. The early date is clearly from a reused or damaged beam. The later date appears to be somewhat consistent with other tree-ring dates from this block. Structurally, the rooms in this D-shaped, bi-wall structure appear to have been built at the same time; the latest tree-ring date from roof fall in the bi-wall rooms is a cutting date of A.D. 1260, which is for Structure 1503. Thus, it is likely that all of the bi-wall rooms in this block were built around or after A.D. 1260.
East and west doorways of this room were blocked at some point during the occupation of the room; there are no means by which to date these events.
No evidence of reuse.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating