Structure 1504, masonry surface structure


This structure was probably abandoned at the same time as the rest of the structures in this block, which was sometime after A.D. 1270.
There is one tree-ring date for this structure--A.D. 1166++vv. This early date is inconsistent with other tree-ring dates from the bi-wall structure, and so is probably from a reused beam. Structurally, the rooms in this D-shaped, bi-wall structure appear to have been built at the same time; the latest tree-ring date from roof fall in the bi-wall rooms is A.D. 1260r, which is for Structure 1503.
The doorway in the south wall (Feature 1) and the doorway in the west wall (Feature 2) were both blocked sometime during the occupation of the structure; there are no means to directly date these events.
No evidence of reuse.
Date Range
1 (A.D. 1250 – 1280)
Site-Wide Dating